Two words.
Work politics.
Everyone has it, sure, but there's no one way to deal with it.
Character 1: the Sycophantic Over-compensator, for brevity SO. SO is at every office, it's the one person you can count on to jump like a puppy begging for treats when the boss is around. SO is also an expert at avoiding substantial work at any cost. SO utilises coffee breaks and the ruse of arranging office events to avoid any real work. BUT don't get me wrong, SO WILL get in early and leave late to ensure the powers that be take note of SO at the desk... poor hard working SO... browsing the internet for hats... or whatever else that happens to be the favour of the day.
Character 2: the Fake Friend, like above FF. FF is ready with a stretched smile and cold prying embrace searching for tiny morsels of information that can be divulged as soon as you turn away. You know who I'm talking about... You don't know? Oops...
Character 3: the PONCE. No abbreviation here, we wouldn't want to underplay the Ponce! Not sure about you but mine is definitely a Mr-I-Act-Like-I-Know-It-All-But-Please-Don't-Corner-Me-With-Questions.
I would follow up with an entry number 2 but i'm in far too much of a good mood to think of the terrors of work... True playground... No scratch that, jungle.
ReplyDelete